Cost Control Jobs
Position Title = Project Controls Manager
Years Experience Required = minimum 10
Position Description = Typically is a college/university graduate or has equivalent experience. Recognized as an expert in
own area within the organization. Provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to others. Is a lead contributor; may
participate in development of business strategy. Progression to this level is typically restricted based on business
requirements. Has developed depth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines. Applies
expertise to the most complex problems; influence the development of innovative solutions. Anticipates internal/external
business and regulatory issues; recommends process/ product improvements. Manages resource requirements and business
needs for projects. Anticipates problems; develops innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with
organizational objectives. Develops and manages plans to achieve objectives; participates in the development of business
strategy. Presents highly complex ideas and anticipates potential objections; influences others. takes leadership role; acts
as a facilitator and mentor. Typically has 10 to 25+ years of relevant experience.
Cost management for Proposal support as well as projects and programs. Includes preparation of cost reports for project
Job Location = Houston, TX
This page contains Job Descriptions for Cost Control Jobs that we have available.
|Copyright© 2010 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Position Title = Schedule & Cost Control Analyst
Experience Required = Minimum of ten (10) years experience in transportation construction scheduling and analysis.
Position Description = Engineering & construction company is seeking an individual to create, analyze and monitor
schedules for development and construction of transportation projects. As well, this individual should be able to analyze and
report on construction cost breakdowns to determine overall project costs as well as change order pricing. The individual
should have the following requirements to be considered for this position:
Job Location = North of Houston, TX
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera scheduling software.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to monitor multiple projects for schedule and cost to determine current status.
- Ability to analyze projects for any time impacts.
- Ability to forecast project schedules for staffing, potential delays and completion dates.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, analyzing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A working knowledge of transportation construction procedures.
- Some travel is required
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Cost Engineer
Position Description = Immediate opening for an in plant Cost Engineer within Project Controls Group. The Cost Engineer
will have the following responsibilities for a portfolio of roughly 20-30 active projects executed at the site:
- Generation of the Cost Control Strategy from the Level 3 WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) once the pre-FID (approval
process for client) stage gate is completed. The Cost Control strategy will detail where and when the PM Orders and
Requisitions will be written.
- Perform and report physical and cost progress of the project. Commitments, actual expenditure and forecast against
the appropriation budget, will be made visible using the OC-1 sheet (client form) and graphical format including over
expenditure / under run. Cost reporting is carried out on a monthly basis using the OC-1 sheet, cash flow report by
month, variance/change log, contingency curve, & level 1 summary P6 schedule.
- The monthly forecasting belongs to the Cost Engineer and they will be ready to provide them to the portfolio at the
appropriate time 20th of the month.
- Verification of service entry request against the order terms and conditions, proof of material receipt, attached
relevant documentation, progress, or other payment conditions. The Project Engineer will actually approve the service
- Own the RFI (Request for Information) and EWO (Engineering Work Order) project change log and will note all
changes and will evaluate the change’s effect on the project’s cost (TIC) (Total Installed Cost) and schedule
- Accrual of dollars to cover the difference between the Value of Work Done (VOWD) and the actual cost recorded in the
two SAP systems
Job Location = New Orleans, Louisiana area
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work well in a team-oriented environment with Project Engineers, Estimators,
Planning and Scheduling Engineers, and Portfolio Management personnel.
- Proficiency in SAP and GSAP is required.
- Knowledge-level experience in Primavera is required and Skill-level competency in Primavera is preferred.
- Skill-Level proficiency in SAP and/or GSAP is preferred
Position Title = Construction Management Cost Analyst
Position Description =
This discipline is responsible for projecting, analyzing and managing labor and material costs for all phases of design and
PREFERRED SKILLS: It is preferred that the candidate have experience in an industrial environment, specifically in a
- Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts and calculates production
costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Provides post-construction cost analysis as a basis for relevant decision making.
- Prepares and analyzes project related reports.
- Follows up on customer quotes and contacts vendors for material pricing.
- Requires extensive knowledge of designs, processes, and procedures.
- Supports the engineering functions from design through construction.
- Communicates with other engineering functions, including design, process, production, quality and reliability.
- Analyzes production methods to ensure time and cost goals are reached.
- Under general direction, uses engineering plans and specifications to produce detail cash flow (cost) schedules,
material requirements lists and plans for construction.
- Checks construction activity to provide a controlled flow of materials timed to meet project requirements.
- Works with management to organize schedule changes due to backlogs, design changes, and material or labor
shortages. Prepares work orders for construction or purchase requests based on construction schedules.
- Evaluates construction specifications and data to determine processes, tool and manpower requirements.
chemical manufacturing plant, but refinery, power, pulp and paper, etc. will be considered.
Location = Lake Charles, LA