Drafter Jobs, Drafting Jobs
This page contains Job Descriptions for Drafter Jobs and Drafting Jobs that we have available.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
|Copyright© 2013 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Position Title = CAD Technician (Drafter)
Status = Full-time, permanent with benefits.
Education Required =
Experience Required = 3-5 years related experience preferred, not required
- High School Diploma;
- A.S. degree a plus but not a requirement.
- Auto-Cad Certificate
Job Description = As a Computer Drafter, you will make detailed computer drawings of products from sketches and
specifications conceived by engineers and designers. The finished drawings are used as working plans for manufacturing
purposes. Depending on experience and level of responsibility, duties may vary from preparing basic drawings to modifying
the finished design using computer aided design equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Concentrate for long periods of time
- Visualize 3-dimensional objects from drawings or pictures
- See detail in objects or drawings
- Recognize slight differences in shapes and shading
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by management
Location = Houston, TX
- Proficiency in Auto Cad.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to handle several jobs at one time.
- Ability to read customer specification including schematics.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Possess problem-solving abilities.
- Computer literate.
- Good organization and communication skills, both written and oral.
Job Title = Designer Drafter
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Technical training or degree as a designer/draftsman and/or equivalent work experience.
Experience Required = Requires a minimum of 3 years experience in CAD Design and Drafting. Advanced experience with
SolidWorks 3D CAD software to design and draft mechanical and electromechanical products, including parts, assemblies,
and some simple electrical schematics.
Position Description = Candidate should have an excellent knowledge of mechanical design and drafting principles, GD&T,
and a general understanding of design and manufacturing requirements for metal, plastic, rubber, machined, cast, and
Location = San Antonio, TX
- Supporting the Mechanical and Sustaining Engineering groups.
- Support Mechanical Design Engineers with inventive, leading edge CAD layout, design and detailing of mechanical
components, assemblies and detail drawings.
- Work with suppliers to ensure a high level of product manufacturability at the lowest cost.
- Maintain SolidWorks PDM Works database, including training new users.
- Maintain SolidWorks templates, forms and procedures used by SolidWorks users and Mechanical Design Engineers.
- Key Job Elements
- Develop and refine to completion highly detailed CAD models and assemblies from conceptual sketches, group
discussion and direction from project engineers.
- Execute detail and assembly drawings, customer and supplier CAD models and document engineering specifications for
mechanical components and assemblies using SolidWorks software.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component
- Actively participate in the Corporate Quality Improvement Process.
- Consult with engineers to modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components using computer-
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Layout, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and
maintenance of mechanical systems. Prepare documentation.