Business Unit Manager - Houston, TX
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Job Title = Business Unit Manager
Education Required = Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; BSChE preferred
Experience Required = 5 - 8 years of experience leading multiple functions, programs or business with growth and
accountability for business results.
Position Description = Through staff, develops and executes National marketing, selling and operating strategies and tactics
to develop and sustain a technically and operationally complex, industrialized, and specialized business line to achieve fiscal
goals and in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops and implements short and long term business line plan, policies, goals and tactics to achieve fiscal
- Develops and gains approval for business line annual operating plans ensuring achievement of plan.
- Prepares and gains approval for financial plans and budgets that will enable the business line to achieve business
objectives. Monitors the financial and business performance fo the business and takes corrective action to ensure
plans and budgets are achieved. Has full P&L accountability.
- Develops new markets and customers for business line.
- Develops and manages a well-motivated team, including ensuring adequate staffing levels, performance management,
and staff training and development in accordance with company HR policies, practices, and procedures. Provides
leaderships for all business line staff including goal setting, performance reviews, defining functions and accountability
to established expectations
- Coordinates activities of functions such as financial planning, operations, manufacturing, engineering, planning, sales
and maintenance to effect operational efficiency and economy. Applies specialized knowledge of business line to
support development and delivery of services.
- Manages and coordinates promotion of services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and
obtain competitive position in industry.
- Analyzes budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in
programs or operations required.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and environmental regulations and policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Working and technical knowledge of Chemical Cleaning Industry
• Ability to develop understand and access customer, and market insights to grow and sustain business line
• Effective supervisory skills including leadership and motivation
• Ability to develop product relationships at various levels in organization and in various disciplines.
• Ability to lead and drive change.
• Ability to analyze information from multiple sources and draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
• Well developing interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage to Profit and Loss statement
• Well developed organizational and time management skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism
• Ability to manage processes
• Ability to use multiple systems and software while performing multiple transactions
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to anticipate and resolve non routine problems
Location = Houston, TX
This page contains the Job Description for Business Unit Manager Job in Houston, Texas