Design Engineering Manager - Brenham, TX
This page contains Job Description for Design Engineering Manager in Brenham, Texas
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Design Engineering Manager
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = BSME
Experience Required = Approximately 10 years of experience, including supervisory experience, preferably
Job Description = Creates and develops plans for department objectives that will improve on global performance
characteristics, including cost, quality, personnel, and delivery and that are consistent with overall corporate objectives.
Location = Brenham, TX
- Plans direction of engineering and technical personnel.
- Continuously develops product-engineering capability of department by developing skill levels, tools,
software/hardware, and analysis techniques.
- Manages engineering projects and may lead projects or steering committees to drive key engineering issues when
- Continuously monitors, develops and documents quality system within the department that ensures global product
quality and service to PIC customers.
- Ensures new product designs meet DVT and MVT criteria.
- Plans, executes, analyzes and documents product research and testing on PIC and competitive products.
- Supports Sales & Marketing in the promotion of new product designs.
- Applies practical experience with lean enterprise tools.
- Manages engineering change function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present to staff, management, corporate, and customers
- 25%-33% travel