Manufacturing Engineer IV - San Antonio, TX
This page contains Job Description for Manufacturing Engineer IV i San Antonio, Texas
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Job Title = Manufacturing Engineer IV
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = B.S. Industrial Engineering or B.S. Mechanical Engineering, MBA is a plus
Experience Required =
Position Description = Uses knowledge of manufacturing engineering principles and practices to develop and implement
- 5-10 years of experience in a progressive manufacturing assembly environment
- 1-3 years of traditional IE work study and analysis methods experience
- 3-5 years of poke yoke (mistake proofing) in a progressive manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years of experience with CADD programs (i.e. Solidworks, ProE).
- Demonstrated success in completing projects with positive financial results
production/processing methods and controls to meet customer specifications and quality standards in the most cost efficient
manner. Participate in investigations and corrective actions of work-in-process problems. Recommend and implement
improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations, work instructions, equipment utilization, and other related
subjects to improve manufacturing quality/process/costs. Possess a mindset focused on continuous improvement focusing on
efficiency and mistake-proofing methodologies.
Key Job Elements
- Design processes for new product development and current product improvement utilizing:
- Advanced Product Quality Planning tools and methodologies to identify and mitigate risk through poke-yoke (mistake
- Lean Manufacturing methodologies to ensure adequate capacity through the development of standard work (line
balancing to a takt time and flow)
- Work with tool design or third party vendors to create cost effective equipment/ fixture/ jigs for production processes
- Create/update/maintain routings, and work instructions to ensure customer specifications and quality standards are
achieved in the most cost efficient manner.
- Work with production and quality to systematically ensure product/documentation quality through process control
Location = San Antonio, TX
- Ensure timely production release of new product development projects that are on cost and on quality
- Lead/ support the utilization of Advance Product Quality Planning and best in class poke-yoke methodologies
- Meet key performance measures for the assigned process (value stream) families in the areas of quality, safety, cost,
productivity, and timely release of customer orders.
- Partner with Process Owners and Champions to drive results
- Act as a technical expert to coach and train team members