Manufacturing Engineer - Molding - Gaffney, SC
This page contains Job Description for Manufacturing Engineer - Molding in Gaffney, South Carolina
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Manufacturing Engineer - Molding
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, Quality or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Experience Required = 2+ years in a manufacturing environment, preferably in mid-volume mixture of automation and
manual operations with an automotive supplier. Some experience with plastics or composites and injection or compression
Position Description = We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Quality,
Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering with composites or plastics experience.
Duties and Responsibilities: Supports the compression molding and assembly areas with respect to tooling and fixtures,
manufacturing processes, work instructions, and production efficiencies. The Manufacturing Engineer must be a company
leader in lean manufacturing initiatives, quality systems, root cause analysis, fixture and gauge development, automation,
process optimization, and continual process improvement.
1. BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, Quality or Mechanical Engineering
2. 2+ years in a manufacturing environment, preferably in mid-volume mixture of automation and manual operations
with an automotive supplier
3. Progressive track record of engineering accomplishments
4. Some experience with plastics or composites and injection and/or compression molding
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Experience with FMEA, Control Plans, and Root Cause Analysis
2. Experience with automated and robotic assembly fixtures
5. Advanced mechanical aptitude
6. Advanced planning, problem solving, and decision making skills
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
1. Results oriented
2. Project Management
3. Strong analytical skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills
5. Self-starter, independent but able to function in a team environment
6. Knowledge of CAD, Solid works a plus
7. Ability to travel approximately 10%.
8. Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
8. GD&T knowledge and understanding
9. TS16949, or ISO9001 systems preferred.
10. Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred.
Location = Gaffney, SC