Manufacturing Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding - Hickory, NC
This page contains Job Description for Manufacturing Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding - Hickory, North Carolina
|Copyright© 2015 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Manufacturing Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Bachelor's Degree in engineering.
Experience Required =
• Molding Manufacturing experience in Medical, Electrical Connectors, Fiber Optics, Contact Lenses, or similar.
• 3 to 12 years of hands on molding manufacturing experience including some quality control.
Position Description = Design and develop manufacturing systems with emphasis on new molds, molding processes, and
metrology. Provide daily engineering support to all production operations. Complete cost reduction and continuous
improvement projects in support of new and existing products. Direct the technical efforts of technicians and hourly
associates in support of assigned projects.
• Provide daily engineering support to production molding
• Coordinate optical assembly inspection/production as required
• Design and develop new molds, molding processes, and techniques
• Design and develop process improvements and cost reductions
• Develop and document manufacturing instructions and data sheets
• Perform data analysis and/or write progress reports on existing manufacturing processes to ensure performance is
• Perform analysis on customer returns to determine root cause of failures or complaints
• Provide technical manufacturing support to other functional areas as needed
• Procure new equipment and necessary training as required.
• Repair or arrange for repair of equipment or facilities in the manufacturing area as required
• Lead activities of Process Technicians and in support of assigned projects
• Provide process and/or equipment training to process technicians and hourly associates as required.
• Develop strategic supplier relationships as appropriate
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of statistical techniques (design of experiments, measurement R&R, and statistical process control)
• Working knowledge of machining, tools, fixturing, and assembly practices
• Knowledge and working experience with mechanical (indicators, micrometers, etc.) and electronic metrology
instrumentation (CMM, Interferometer, Confocal microscope, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience with the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
• Experience with PLC, data acquisition, and industrial software programming is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Advanced PC skills with standard MS Office software.
• Experience with a 3D CAD system is preferred
Bottom line requirements
1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering.
2. Molding Manufacturing experience in Medical, Electrical Connectors, Fiber Optics, Contact Lenses, or similar.
3. 3 to 12 years of hands on molding manufacturing experience including some quality control.
Location = Hickory, NC