Manufacturing Engineer - Elizabethtown, KY
This page contains Job Description for Manufacturing Engineer in Elizabethtown, Kentucky
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Manufacturing Engineer
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
Experience Required =
Position Description = Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer include the development of new processes to improve
- 3 + years of experience in manufacturing engineering in a manufacturing facility, preferably in the wood working
- Hands-on experience with Lean manufacturing implementation. Certification in Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience with CNC and other automated equipment.
efficiencies and throughput in all processes within the Production areas. Additionally, this position will be responsible for
working with Department Managers in improving process flow and eliminating waste within their department to achieve
production output goals. The Manufacturing Engineer will also be responsible for developing new and improved methods for
increasing material yields, reducing material waste, and for maintaining plant layouts using AutoCAD.
- Responsible for the development of new processes to improve efficiencies and throughput in all processes within the
- Responsible for maintaining plant layouts using AutoCAD.
- Responsible for working with Department Managers in improving process flow and eliminating waste within their
department to achieve production output and quality goals.
- Responsible for developing new and improved methods for increasing material yields and reducing material waste.
- Responsible for implementing and training Associates on Lean Manufacturing techniques and methods.
- Assist in the design and implementation of fixturing/jigs to support improved quality and efficiency.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard work instructions.
- Assist in the cost analysis of new and existing products.
- Assist in the procurement and the installation of new equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment with an emphasis on reducing recordable injuries.
Location = Elizabethtown, KY
- Proven track record of efficiency gains and productivity improvements made in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a woodworking facility is preferred, however not required.
- Hands-on problem solving skills to correct equipment problems.
- Proficient knowledge and use of AutoCAD 13 or higher, Excel, and Word.