Process Engineer / Technical Manager Job - Houston, TX
This page contains Job Description for Process Engineer / Technical Manager in Houston, Texas
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Process Engineer / Technical Manager
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = BS or in a related engineering field such as Mechanical, Chemical and or Environmental
Experience Required = 2-5 years experience in the process improvement /environmental field
Job Description = Under general supervision works with management to develop, design and implement improvements to
achieve production, environmental and safety goals in accordance with Company policy and is responsible for maintaining a
vapor control equipment fleet to be utilized in tank degassing and vacuum truck operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate analytical equipment such as VOC analyzers, LEL meter etc.
• Perform routine mechanical and electrical inspections
• Train field personnel on safe operation of equipment
• Works with local operations to improve and manage environmental and safety procedures and practices.
• Develops process improvements and identifies required parts and equipment to achieve production goals.
• Provides technical support to Operations on a day-to-day basis in order to meet production goals
• Develops key process parameters identification and targets
• Provides support in the development of standard operating procedures
• Identifies improvements and developing conceptual scope in facility to support business strategy
• Supports production quality processes
• Manage capital improvement projects as assigned
• Provides specific unit expertise to Project Engineering group as needed
• Provides technical support to all plant EH&S initiatives
• Participates in all safety, environmental, and team meetings/programs as appropriate
• Participates in PSM unit revalidations and project HAZOPs as required
• Maximizes production yields, optimizing utilities consumption, etc
• Serves as team member on all quality projects for assigned units
• Performs work practices that positively impact Safety and Environmental performance
• Performs other duties as required.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and write English (literate)
• Strong environmental regulatory knowledge
• Ability to effectively apply engineering knowledge
• Ability to interpret plans, prints, graphs and P&ID’s
• Knowledge of standard process equipment and maintenance
• Good people skills
• Ability to read and communicate instructions
• Ability to interpret lab data/analytical and treat ability studies
• Ability to utilize testing equipment to make process changes
• Ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
Location = Houston, TX