Project Engineer - Lafayette, LA
This page contains Job Description for Project Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Job Title = Project Engineer
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Mechanical Engineering preferred. Must keep current on
certifications and education.
Experience Required = 1-5 years experience required with project management of engineering, drafting and estimating
compressor/generator or other technical equipment.
Position Description = The overall objective of this position is to coordinate the design of packaged and engineered
products. Responsible for the successful completion of projects on time while ensuring safe, technically accurate,
economically designed and code/client/standards compliant products.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Oversee the design and layout for custom and standard compressor and/or generator packages.
- Review drawings with drafting designers and other project coordinators to verify accuracy, specifications and scope of
work are being adhered to.
- Make periodical shop inspections to ensure quality and accuracy, check for inconsistencies between actual build and
- Plan and formulate engineering programs and schedule and organize project staff according to the project
- Serve as a technical consultant for the company and an interface between management, sales and the client.
- Collect all pertinent data required of third party engineering studies performed for company standards and/or
Location = Lafayette, LA
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Must understand application of fabrication techniques.
- Familiar with engineering calculations to determine various ratings of equipment.
- Familiar with industry standards. Has the ability to develop a broader understanding of codes and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Cadworx, Excel, AS400, Word, Excel and Adobe required.
- Field experience required.