Quality Assurance Manager - Liberty, SC
This page contains Job Description for Quality Assurance Manager in Liberty, South Carolina
|Copyright© 2015 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Quality Assurance Manager
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
Experience Required =
Position Description = Leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor has an immediate need for a Quality Assurance
- Minimum of 10 years on-the-job experience in the QA discipline
- Must have experience working in an ISO 9001 or TS 16949 Quality Management System Organization
- Part of the 10-year experience requirement may be waived for individuals with recognized quality certifications and/or
advanced degrees, and/or with extensive experience in the automatic fire sprinkler industry.
- 5+ years of management experience is preferred.
The Quality Assurance Manager is required to effectively manage, support, motivate, develop, and evaluate Quality
Assurance engineering, metrology and supervisory staff. The position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
Impeccable integrity is a key characteristic of the individual in this position. The individual determines and evaluates risk
involved in product quality issues upon occurrence. Effectively employing appropriate management tools and techniques to
proactively address relevant challenging issues is a core, proven ability.
The Quality Assurance Manager is additionally required to manage projects, support strategic planning and deployment
initiatives, and participate in the development of measurement systems needed for interdepartmental improvements. This
individual drives the effective overall containment, tracking, and disposition of nonconforming materials.
The Quality Assurance Manager continually improves the department's information technologies, measurement capabilities,
overall customer service level and its effective relationships within the organization
ASQ CMQ/OE certification is preferred.
Bottom line requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related.
2. 10 + years of on-the-job experience in Quality Assurance or 5 years of experience with Quality Certifications or
Automated Fire Sprinkler industry experience.
3. Experience working in an ISO 9001 or TS 16949 Quality Management System Organization.
4. ASQ CMQ/OE certification is preferred.
5. 5+ years of management experience is also preferred.
Location = Liberty, SC