Safety Manager - Belleville, TX
This page contains Job Description for Safety Manager in Belleville, Texas
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Safety Manager
Education Required = Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering
Experience Required = Ten (10) years occupational safety experience
Position Description = This position is responsible for providing engineering services, production support, and consultation
to all levels of management. An engineering degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering is required.
Essential Functions and Objectives
- Proficient in the application of industrial hygiene procedures and practices.
- Able to demonstrate successful leadership and staff management experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including public speaking/training.
- Computer skills with proficiency in popular software including, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Responsible for compliance with environmental law and management of best practices at all Western locations
including the documentation and permit obtainment for new and existing operations.
- Daily execution of environmental management tasks.
- Composition and submission of internal and governmental agency reports.
- Maintain familiarity with all applicable law, rules and best management practices
- Obtain and maintain required permits, exemptions, and permits by rule
- Compose and retain required documentation for compliance
- Submit renewals, reports and fees as needed to the responsible agencies.
- Train management and staff as needed to ensure compliance and best management practices are executed.
Job Location = Bellville, TX
- A four year degree related to safety, risk management, or an associated technical field.
- Ten (10) years occupational safety experience
- Leadership/Team management training
- OSHA and DOT Sanctioned Training
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Stable and committed work history.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in working well with others and building and maintaining strong
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to develop, implement, and manage systems and procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 50% .