Sr. Field Controls Tech - Denver, CO
This page contains Job Description for Sr. Field Controls Tech in Denver, CO
|Copyright© 2015 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Sr. Field Controls Tech
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Associates degree in electrical engineering or related area. (In lieu of degree, will consider equivalent
combination of work experience, aptitude, training and related education).
Experience Required = Three plus years of relevant controls field experience.
Position Description = Install, test, calibrate and repair electrical process control equipment. Provide first level customer
service sales and technology support for Automation Control, SCADA and Telemetry platforms. Includes troubleshooting
problems related to networking, software design, database issues, radio communications, hardware and user error. Project
scheduling of programmers and field service personnel for product installation, start-up, repair and service. Interface via
phone with field operations personnel and/or customer, programmers, project managers, and other company personnel.
Responsible for growing service-related revenue.
Job Description (Essential Functions):
• Work independently and supervise crews installing control equipment according to drawings and/or project manager
• Fabricate and assemble panels.
• Troubleshoot, test, calibrate and repair control equipment.
• Perform antenna field work, including installation, testing, troubleshooting, feedlines, etc.
• Read, understand and make appropriate changes to drawings.
• Bending and installing conduit.
• Maintain appropriate levels of expendables and basic equipment in vehicle.
• Wire and terminate as directed.
• Assist warehouse staff by notifying when parts and/or expendables are low in stock.
• Work with engineers to accomplish final ring out on equipment.
• Maintain positive and professional relationships with customers, subcontractors, vendors and engineers.
• Offer well thought out input and suggestions on potential needs and sales leads of current customers.
• Confer with engineers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
• Effective communication with project managers on scope of work
• Remain mindful of budgets on projects to which assigned.
• Willingness to handle service calls and assist engineers as requested.
• Strives to continuously improve quality and productivity through identifying own training and tool needs.
• Train subordinates and new employees on essential functions of Field Controls Technician.
• Work with all staff to insure compliance with safety and environmental policies.
• Utilize common sense in daily work tasks and recognize self-limitations.
• Ask for assistance and/or guidance when necessary.
The qualifications, knowledge and experience required for this position include:
1. Associates degree in electrical engineering or related area. (In lieu of degree, will consider equivalent combination of work
experience, aptitude, training and related education).
2. Three plus years of relevant controls field experience.
3. Familiarity with specialty instrumentation associated with water/wastewater plants.
4. Knowledge of electric theory and code.
5. Knowledge of intrusion devices.
6. Ability to calibrate and troubleshoot electronic instruments
7. Customer focus orientation.
8. Accuracy documentation on calibration sheets, daily reports and weekly reports
9. Proficiency with windows programs including word processing, spreadsheet and email.
10. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and implement own work.
11. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
12. Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative.
13. Ability to work in a team-based environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to partake in
physical activity including standing/walking up to 8 hours with scheduled breaks, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and
pushing on a regular basis. Movement of materials weighing up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
Bottom line requirements
1. 3+ years of instrument and controls field experience.
2. Ability to develop and troubleshoot industrial HMI, motor control circuits, etc.
3. Experience supervising instrument and controls field tech crews is a plus.
Location = Denver, CO